Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyRiverr

Staff member
WhiskeyRiverr
WhiskeyRiverr
In-Game
General Info
Minecraft Username: WhiskeyRiverr (whiskey in-game)
Discord Tag: whiskey#5780
Timezone: CDT (UTC-5)

Approximately how long have you been playing Minecraft? I first started in 2010, but overall consistently played for I'd say for 6 of the 10 years

Approximately how long have you been playing on Detox Network?
2-3 weeks (4.66 days on statistics for time played)

How active are you on the Server? I'm online every day, for at least 3 hours, but often more. I get online every weekday when I get home from work, and am 1 click away if I'm not online. Weekends and non workdays I usually end up online for the better half of the day.

How active are you on the Discord? Always have it open, often one of the only people in VC, but still there.

How active are you on the Forums? To be honest, not that active. But I have no issues with being on the forums and looking over them daily, I enjoy tasks like that.

Open-Ended Questions
Why do you want to become a Staff Member? I really like the community here, I've grown very close to it in a short period of time. I really enjoy helping people, and get a great sense of satisfaction when they tell me their problem is fixed. I want to be able to continue to help people, and I would be able to in more ways than I currently can as a non-staff member.
Why do you think you are suitable for this role? I'm very active, able to essentially always be "On-call", I don't let "positions of power" affect me, and my judgement is never clouded by things outside of the relevant in the situation. I also have lots of knowledge of plugins, am good at following directions, and learn quickly.
What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? I'm able to stay as an "uninvolved" third party very easily. I'm very relaxed, able to keep a level head in any situation. On the flip side of that, I will admit sometimes I don't take situations seriously enough when I should, but with in-depth knowledge on server protocol, I will make sure to do what needs to be done.
Do you have any previous experience as a Staff Member or anything alike? I have experience as a developer, and moderator experience in-game and on forums. I also have managing experience at a restaurant. Not sure if that fits here, but I have worked under people and had people work under me before, both in and out of game.
Extra comments to support your application: I believe that although my playtime just squeezes under the wire for soonest possible time to apply, that I have plenty of experience with everything that goes on within Detox, and that my lack of playtime would in no way hinder my ability to be the best staff member that I can be. Thank you for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.